Your credential document will be issued by its accrediting body — not your community college or VA Ready. Please see the descriptions and examples below to learn more about the credential document that we need you to upload in order to earn your $1,000 Credential Achievement Award.

PLEASE NOTE: Your credential may be issued by one of several accrediting bodies, depending on the school that you attended. If you have questions about which accrediting body will be issuing your credential, please contact your community college.


AAPC (Professional Coder)

    • Certified Professional Coder
  • For those who received their Professional Coder certification (verified by American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC)) we are looking for your certification from AAPC. This document should have a white background, with a faded healthcare symbol and a book in the background, “AAPC” in blue lettering at the top, and the words “Certified Professional Coder” in the center of the certification.  

American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians (ASPT)

    • Certified Phlebotomy Technician
  • For those who received their Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) from the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians (ASPT), we are looking for the beige certificate with a black border, cursive writing, and six squares at the bottom; one of which will have an “ASPT Valid” sticker. Alternatively, we can accept the white document that says “The American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians. Inc.” (in red) which contains the membership card in the bottom right corner.

ASCP Board of Certification (Phlebotomy)

    • Phlebotomy Technician
  • For those who received their Phlebotomy Technician Credential under the ASCP, we are looking for the beige / tan certificate with the wide, dark blue bar at the top. In this bar, it should say “ASCP Board of Certification.”


    • EMT
  • For those who received their Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Credential – we are looking for your EMT card. This card will have “National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians The nations EMS certification” at the top and your registry number, expiration date, and provider level towards the bottom. 

NHA (National Healthcareer Association)

    • Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS)
    • Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA)
    • Clinical Medical Assistant
    • EKG Technician
    • Pharmacy Technician
    • Phlebotomy Technician
  • For those testing under the National Healthcare Association (NHA), we are looking for the PDF with the light blue border and gold seal. In order to view your credential, it is accessible from your NHA account by logging in and clicking “View My Achievements” (PDF option). 

Pharmacy Technician Certification Board

    • Certified Pharmacy Technician
  • For those who received their Certified Pharmacy Technician certification (CPhT) from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB), we are looking for the document with a large, light seafoam green check mark in the background and a thin seafoam green border.

Virginia Board of Nursing

    • Certified Nurse Aide
    • Medication Aide
  • For those who are testing under the Virginia Board of Nursing, we need a copy of your certificate from the Virginia Board of Nursing. The document we are looking for should have a blue background, saying “Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Health Professions” at the top, “Certificate to Practice as a Certified Nurse Aide” in the center, the expiration date is in the lower left corner, and your license number is in the lower right corner. 


Amazon Web Services (AWS)

    • AWS Cloud Practitioner
    • AWS Certified Solutions Architect
  • For those who are in Amazon Web Services (AWS) programs we need a copy of your AWS certificate. It should have a light gray background with the words “AWS Certified” at the top. In between the words AWS Certified will be a white checkmark in the center of an orange hexagon.

Comp TIA

    • CompTIA A+
    • CompTIA Network+
    • CompTIA Security+
    • CompTIA Linux+
    • CompTIA Network+
    • CompTIA IT Fundamentals
  • For those who are in programs under Comp TIA we need a copy of your Comp TIA Certification. It should have a red and white background and say the course name on the left side of the document. Directions on how to access the certificate can be found here: 
    • Log in at
    • Click on Certifications Tab
    • On the far right, under the Download column there is a PDF link for each earned certificate.
    • Click on the link to begin a download of the PDF

EC Council (Certified Ethical Hacker)

    • Certified Professional and Ethical Hacker
  • For those who are in the EC Council programs (Certified Ethical Hacker) we need a copy of your Certified Ethical Hacker Certification. It will have a black background, EC-Council (in red lettering towards the top and center of the document), below EC Council will have the words Certified Ethical Hacker in the center of a gold and black banner. 


AWS (American Welding Society)  

    • Certified Welder
    • Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW)
    • Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
    • Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
    • Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
  • For those who are in programs under the American Welding Society (AWS) we need to see a copy of your Performance Qualification Record. Your record may not look exactly like the example below, but should show a passing or satisfactory grade.

CDL-A (Commercial Drivers License Class A)

    • Commercial Driver’s License – A
  • For those taking a CDL-A course, the signed paper copy of your Virginia Commercial Driver’s License from the DMV or the actual plastic copy of the Virginia Commercial Driver’s license is what VA Ready needs in order to process your award.
    • It must say Class A

Manufacturing Skills Standards Council

    • Certified Logistics Associate
    • Certified Logistics Technician
  • For those who are in the Certified Logistics Associate or the Certified Logistics Technician course please upload your certification from the Manufacturing Skills Standards Council. It should have a navy blue and silver border with a white background and should have “Manufacturing Skill Standards Council” at the top along with the date you were awarded the certification and “CLA” or “CLT” inside of a silver banner towards the bottom.

MSI (Manufacturing Skills Institute)

    • Manufacturing Technician Level 1 (MT1)
  • For those who received their Manufacturing Credential under MSI, we are looking for the white certificate that has a circle made of 4 puzzle pieces (green, yellow, purple, teal) in the background. It will also say Manufacturing Skills Institute at the top of the certificate. 

National Institute of Metalworking Skills (NIMS)

    • Level I CNC Milling: Operations
    • Level I CNC Turning: Operations
    • Manual Milling Skills I
  • For those who received their Manufacturing/Machining Credential under NIMS, we are looking for the certificate that has the wide vertical rectangle on the left side of the document with the words NIMS Manufacturing Credential in the upper part of the rectangle. The certificate should have your name in the center, the credential you received underneath your name, a seal in the bottom center of the document, and the date the credential was received to the left of the seal.

NCCER (National Center for Construction Education and Research) 

    • Heavy Equipment Operations
    • Electrical
    • HVAC
    • Plumbing
    • Power Line Worker
    • Power Industry Fundamentals
    • Welding
  • For those who are in programs under NCCER, we need a copy of the credential from the registry. This can be accessed on this page as long as you have your card number and log in information. A picture or screenshot of the entire completed training tab (once you type in your card number) is what VA Ready needs in order to process your certification application. This picture or screenshot must include your name and your NCCER card number that is located at the top left corner of the page. It may take 24 hours after your exam for the registry to be updated. Please provide us with your NCCER Card number and we can look up your credential on the online registry. 

VSRA (Virginia Ship Repair Association)

    • Marine Trade Training: Welding
    • Marine Trade Training: Electrical
    • Marine Trade Training: Pipefitting
    • Marine Trade Training: Coating
    • Marine Trade Training: Sheet Metal
    • Marine Trade Training: Outside Machinist
  • For those who are in programs under Virginia Ship Repair Association (VSRA) for the Marine Trade Training programs we are looking for the certificate with the black border and the red corners inside the border (you will receive this during your OSHA training). It will say “Skills Certification” at the top. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.