Healthcare Career Pathways
With so many career options to choose from in the healthcare industry, it can be difficult deciding which path to take. These resources outline potential pathways to career success in healthcare!
- There are 5 Health Science Career Pathways – which one is the best fit for you? Click here to visit Applied Educational Systems (AES) to learn more about each pathway and what you need to know to be successful.
- How to start a career in Medical Billing and Coding: https://www.ultimatemedical.edu/blog/how-to-start-career-in-medical-billing-and-coding/
- Healthcare Pathways: Learn more about what goes into a career in direct patient care, imaging and diagnostics, healthcare facility support, healthcare business support, and research & development here!
- ExploreHealthCareers.org: This resource is a collaboration between today’s health professionals and leading health care associations designed to help people like you start down the road toward a career in health. Here you’ll find the latest health career information and tools to guide you as you prepare for a future in health care!
This online resource provides practice tests, flashcards, content descriptions, and other resources for many common tests — including many of the credential exams supported by the VA Ready program! Visit test-guide.com and see if they have resources for your credential here.
Healthcare Practice Tests and Exam Prep
The following resources provide study guides, practice tests, and other exam prep tools to help you prepare for the big day!
- CMA (AAMA)® Certification Exam Practice Test and Resources
- CNA Practice Test
- Phlebotomy Practice Tests and Study Resources
- Virginia Board of Pharmacy Exam Study Guide
- Medical Billing and Coding Exam Prep
It’s important to set reasonable expectations for how long your job search may take. This resource outlines some factors that may affect your job search timeline and helps you examine some ways you can speed up the timeline and hopefully land a new job faster than you might expect.